Tuesday 31 March 2015

a crochet basket

Hi there!

For the last month i have been teaching myself (through the help of pinterest and you tube) how to crochet and i have finally completed a crochet storage basket! I'm now totally addicted and soon enough every free space i have in my flat will be filled with one! ha ha!

Here is how i made it!

For my sisters birthday we took a trip to hobby craft and i invested in some boodles textile yarn, 2 for £8! Not sure how long this offer is on for, but i really want to get some more!

Boodles advised a 10 mm crochet hook. So i purchased one of these by Pony.

I completed the basket using single crochets just because it was my first attempt and i wanted to make it easy for myself. There are so many patterns out there to use!

I used a pattern from www.nimidesign.com/diy-crocheted-baskets/. She has a great video tutorial on there too!

After reading the pattern over 10 times and watching the video twice! I got there!



I also made a small pink basket which i thought would be perfect for cotton buds or eyeshadows. I gave this to my sister as a 19th birthday present and rolled up a ten pound note complete with small velvet ribbon! Happy birthday! I think she liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment